Apart from her collaborations with several star musicians of Indian Classical Music, her concerts with Ustad Zakir Hussain, Indian National Orchestra, the British Philharmonic makes her an ambassador of the rich musical heritage of India.
She has taken the internet by storm through her innovative web series, Cup O’ Carnatic, which demystifies Indian Classical music to the world audience and has more than 2.5 million views on social media. With a doctorate in the art of Veena playing, her online Jayanthi Kumaresh Academy for Veena has students from over 15 countries with over 1500 individual registrations in the age group spanning 10-75 years.
She has been honored with innumerable awards including “Kalaimamani” by the Government of Tamil Nadu, “Sangeet Shikar Samman” by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan to name a few.
Her fresh expressions of the ancient ragas and talas through the Voice of the Veena, makes Jayanthi one of the legendary Veena masters that India has ever produced.
Live Performance Showreel:
- JAYANTHI KUMARESH Classical Solo:
2. JAYANTHI KUMARESH & ANIL SRINIVASAN (Piano) World Fusion – STRINGS OF HOPE:
3. North-South Classical Fusion – JAYANTHI KUMARESH & KALA RAMNATH (Violin):
Major Concerts so far:
- San Francisco Jazz Festival
- Darbar Festival, London
- Celtic Connections, Scotland
- Queensland Music Festival
- Darwin Music Festival
- Adelaide Music Festival
- BBC Proms London and at
- United Nations, New York
- The Palladium, Indiana
- Théatre de la Ville, Paris
- Northwest Folklife Festival, Seattle.